What a simple concept, and it is so often violated.
It does not seem that being kind should be difficult. Yet, I see examples of unkindness all around me.
- Parents yelling at their kids.
- Kids ignoring their parents.
- Bosses interrupting employees.
- Employees gossiping about their boss.
- People cutting each other off in traffic.
- Customers getting impatient with store employees.
- Store employees failing to listen to customers.
- And the list goes on.
It’s really not so hard to be kind. What is hard is remembering to do it when you are stressed, tired, rushed, or frustrated.
Today, my encouragement for you is to be kind.
Let someone go first at an intersection. Stop and listen to your employee, co-worker, spouse, or child. Let the person who is rude to you finish what they have to say. Take your neighbor’s garbage can to their garage. Hold the door for someone.
Do something today to be kind to another person.
I think it will make their day — and yours.